Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday {March 2023}

 Happy Wednesday Friends! Today I decided to link up with Shay and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday! I've been reading and following them for literally years, and I love keeping up with them.

So here we go...with a little peak into my world...

What We're Eating This Week...

I actually saw Shay posted this white chicken chili recipe the other day, and thought it sounded so good. I'm making it tonight, and I can already smell it in the crockpot. Can't wait. I typically make another recipe, but thought this would be good for something different. 



What I'm reminiscing about...

Just how quickly time is flying...hubby and I will have been married 4 years in June, and we were talking about this just the other day. How we can't believe how quickly it's gone so far!



What I'm Loving...
This time of year, I love to add a few things to my makeup routine just to give me a little glow, and make me not feel so blah from the winter. Insert my new FAVORITE cream bronzer and highlighter duo sticks. They go on easily and are very simple to use. For the bronzer, I just draw the lines on my face (see pics) and then blend with my fingers. For the highlighter I just dab on the top of my cheek bones and blend with my finger as well! So pretty!
What we've been up to...
Trying to get our backyard in shape so that we can spend more time out there this spring and summer! We've had a new fence built, hubby planted new plants/flowers, and we've had our patio redone (stamped concrete). Oh and we also got a new patio set which will be so nice to eat on when the weather warms up a tad. I'll try to get some pics for next time!

What I'm dreading...
Nothing really at the moment...

What I'm working on...
Back in January I became a consultant with Mary Kay. And I'm LOVING it! I had used Mary Kay as a teenager, and my mom had used it all growing up too. A friend of mine gave me some samples about a year ago, and I fell in love with the skincare and saw such an improvement in my skin. I decided to be a consultant honestly for the personal use discount. I'm having alot of fun over on Insta, sharing all things skincare and beauty tips! You can find me there @mrspennanen

What I'm excited about...
SPRING!!! I'm just so excited about having warmer weather, and not being cooped up in the house all day. I. Am. Over. Winter.

What I'm watching/reading...
Ok, if you have not seen The Chosen, run don't walk right now and start watching it! It's AMAZING! We watched all three seasons in just a few days. I can't recommend it enough, and what a perfect time to watch as we're approaching Easter.

As far as what I'm reading...
I just finished Becoming Free Indeed by Jinger Vuolo. I was an avid watcher of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, as well as Counting On, so I couldn't wait to read this. I loved the book. She did a great job of disentangling her true faith from the man made rules she grew up with. I would say if you watched and enjoyed the show, you'll like her book. I would also recommend this to anyone who grew up in a very strict religious environment and has since walked away from their faith. 
What I'm wearing...
I recently picked up this sweatshirt in lavender at Anthropologie. It's ON SALE, and it's soooo good! I want to get the orange one now too! I sized up to medium just for a touch more room/length. It's the perfect weight for temps now and will even be cute with shorts as we head toward summer. 
What I'm doing this weekend...
I don't know yet...probably continuing to clean up our backyard...and laundry LOL...exciting stuff over her!

What Amazon purchase did I love this month?
My tried and true favorite base and top coat for nail polish. I've purchased this for years and years. It never fails me. hahaha...
Ok, I think that is all for this Wednesday! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of this week. I will be back on Friday with my Favorites!






















Comments

  1. I'm a little late catching up on my What's Up Wednesday reading. I'm super excited about SPRING and all the outdoor living headed our way too. And I did five loads of laundry today so it must be the weekend - hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weather is gorgeous here this weekend. I hope it's wonderful where you are! Laundry is always on my weekend plans too hahaha! Happy weekend and Easter!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review--Summer Reading Ideas

 Happy Tuesday friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and a good start to your short week! I thought I'd jump on here today and review some books that I've read recently. I mentioned these in my  Friday Favorites post  last week and that I'd do an actual review of them soon...so here we go! Four VERY different books, but all GREAT reads! #1  Not A Happy Family Ok, I REALLY loved this book! It's suspenseful, but not scary. It hooks you right from the beginning, as it really is a "who done it" type read. I truly had no idea how it would end until I got there. I have read a couple of Lapena's books, and this one really made me interested to read more. #2  Our Woman in Moscow This is the second Beatriz Williams book I've read and I really enjoyed it. I read  A Hundred Summers  last year and I really LOVED that one. I listened to that one on audiobook so maybe that was part of the reason I loved it so much, I don't really know. This histo

Friday Favorites {4.28.23}

Happy Friday Friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  to share my FAVORITES on this last Friday in April! Where has the month gone???   Let's get started... 1. Next week we're headed on a little vacay to the Bahamas and I'm so excited to get away and relax, and enjoy some sunshine! I've been looking for dresses for spring and vacation and I rounded up some cute white ones  from Amazon here ! 2. Speaking of vacay, I'm going to need a fun nail color so I was thinking one from  this set here  would be cute! 3. I did grab  these shorts  to take and they are super cute and fit well! I linked them with other things  here . 4. I'll also be sure to bring this fun  Very Raspberry lipstick  with me! 5. Target has so many cute sandals right now! I saw  this pair  in light purple, in the store the other day, and I didn't grab them but I wish I would have! I can't find the purple online, but all the colors are so cute! Perfect for vacay or anything this

What's Up Wednesday {April 2023}

 Hey Hey Friends! I'm here on a Wednesday to link up with  Shay  and  Sheaffer  for What's Up Wednesday! So let's get into it! What We're Eating This Week... I made  this soup  last week and it was delish!! Try it, you'll love it! What I'm Reminiscing About... Teaching...this time of year with the anticipation of summer coming, it makes me miss the classroom! I hope to go back someday. What I'm Loving... Hyaluronic Acid I started using this a few months ago, and I love it! It gives my skin the extra boost of hydration it needs, and I really think it helps keep my breakouts at bay, and when I do have a few I think it helps them heal faster. A little goes a long way, I only use 1-2 drops, twice a day. What We've Been Up To... Playing outside and enjoying all the beautiful spring weather! I love this time of year--the allergies not so much, but the weather I'm here for. What I'm Dreading... Cleaning LOL...anyone else feel like they continuously clea